Boards & Commissions
- Board of Zoning Adjustments - This board is a joint City/County board consisting of five members, with two members being appointed by the Mayor and two members being appointed by the County Judge Executive, and the third being a joint appointment. All details for the operation of the Board of Zoning Adjustments shall be as described in Chapter 100 of the Kentucky Revised Statutes. Current board members: Zeldon Angel, David Puckett, Candace Toole Quisenberry, Casandra Riddell, Leonard Shortridge.
- Administrative Hearing Board - This Board is a joint City/County board consisting of five members, with two members being appointed by the Mayor and two members being appointed by the County Judge Executive, and the third being a joint appointment. The Board seeks to promote the public health, safety and welfare and to safeguard the health, comfort, living conditions, safety and welfare, and to provide enforcement provisions for violations of ordinances for the benefit of the citizens of the City of Winchester and Clark County, Kentucky. Current board members: George Carruba (Chair), Dana Arnold, Larry Long, Don McCarty, Robert Pritchett.
- Board of Assessment Appeals - This Board is a joint City/County board consisting of three members, with one member being appointed by the Mayor, one by the County Judge Executive and one by the Fiscal Court. Each member shall have extensive knowledge of real estate values. This Board shall hear appeals of property tax assessments. Current members: Brenda Sipes, John Wilson, Greg Wood.
- Board of Ethics - The Board of Ethics is a City appointed Board with five members, who have been chosen by virtue of their known and consistent reputation for integrity and their knowledge of local government affairs. Current members: Alyshia Martin, Jordan Smith, Gerald Tackett, Hannah Toole, John Wood.
- Heritage Commission - This Board is a joint City/County board consisting of twelve voting members and three non-voting ex-officio members. Voting members are selected for their knowledge of the historic traditions of the County and the City and their interest in the preservation of historic buildings, sites and other properties in the County and the City. Current members: Missy Adams, Dawn Alvarado, Sue Anderson, Jerry Cecil, Joe Chenault, Chris Davis, Dodd Dixon, Betty Jane Glasscock, Christa Joynt, Steve Justice, Sheila McCord, Paula Thomas.
- Historic Preservation Commission - The HPC is a City Board with six members; at least three who possess some expertise in the area of architecture, engineering, land use planning, archaeology, historic preservation or some related field. Current members: Mark Arnold, Meredith Guy, Jack Jones, Bobby Shook, Chris Thornbury, Perry Williams.
- Housing Authority - The Housing Authority is a City Board with four members and the Mayor. This Board oversees operations of the housing units under the Housing Authority and operated in compliance with KRS 80.020.
- Industrial Development Authority - This is a joint City/County Board with six members equally appointed by the Mayor and the County Judge Executive. This authority shall be constituted and shall operate in accordance with, and shall have all the powers and functions provided by KRS 154.50-310.
- Licensing Board - The City Licensing Board consists of three members appointed by the Mayor, at least 25 years of age and of good moral character and none of whom shall have any interest, direct or indirect, in any business located in Clark County, Kentucky, which would require a license approved by the City Licensing Board if such business were located in the city. This board meets twice a month and has the power to grant or deny the issuance of any license for which application has been made and to revoke or suspend any license.
- Local Codes Appeals Board - The Winchester Local Codes Appeals Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor. This board hears appeals of decisions made by a building and/or code official.
- Main Street Winchester - MSW has eleven members appointed by the Mayor. One member shall be associated with or recommended by the Industrial Development Authority, the Tourism Commission, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Fiscal Court. The remaining seven members shall be from the community at large.
- Parks & Recreation - Winchester-Clark County Parks & Recreation Board is a joint board of both the City and County, consisting of eight members, four appointed by the Mayor and four appointed by the Judge Executive. This board operates consistent with KRS 97.035.
- Planning Commission - The Winchester-Clark County Planning Commission consists of eight members, with four appointed by the Mayor and four appointed by the Judge Executive. The Planning Commission operates in compliance with KRS Chapter 100.
- Public Works Committee - This is an internal City board consisting of the Engineering Tech, Public Works Director, Storm Water Coordinator, City Manager and two City Commissioners.
- Recreational, Tourist & Convention Commission - Winchester-Clark County Recreational, Tourist and Convention Commission consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor, Judge Executive and staff of the Chamber of Commerce. This board operates consistent with KRS 91A.350.
- Technical Review Committee - This is a City committee that reviews and recommends changes to plats and drawings consistent with the Subdivision Regulations for Winchester-Clark County.
- Urban Renewal & Community Development Agency - This is a City board consisting of five members, operating in compliance with KRS 99.350.
- Winchester Policemen's & Firemen's Retirement Board - This is a City board consisting of one retired member of the Winchester Police Department, one retired member of the Winchester Fire Department, the Mayor and the City Finance Director.
- Winchester Tree Board - This is a City board consisting of five members, who develop, update annually and administer a written work plan for the care, preservation, pruning, planting, replanting, removal or disposition of street trees and park trees.
- Winchester Municipal Utilities Commission - This is a City board consisting of five members who supervise, manage and control the combined and consolidated garbage disposal, water works and sewer system, including the collection, deposit and expenditures of all funds constituting income or revenues of the combined and consolidated system and the maintenance, operation, and extension and improvement of said system. The Mayor and one City Commissioner are ex officio members of this commission.
Become a Member
You can help your community by serving as a member of a city advisory board. Details on each advisory board can be obtained from the City Manager’s Office. If you are interested in serving on one of the boards, please contact the Mayor or City Manager.