The City of Winchester is a municipal government unit consisting of all city departments including the Communications (Dispatch) Department, Fire Department, Planning & Zoning Department, Police Department, Public Works Department, and Administrative Offices. Application for positions within these departments is through the HR/Risk Manager of the City of Winchester. Applications will only be accepted if there is a position opening.
All full-time, regular employees of the City of Winchester have access to a wide array of benefits made available to them. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Term life insurance of 1 ½ times salary up to $50,000
- Participation in the County Employees Retirement System (CERS) administered under Kentucky Retirement Systems both Hazardous and Non-Hazardous.
- Eligibility to participate in the Kentucky Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program.
- Access to Park Federal Credit Union services
- Numerous payroll-deduction programs
- Direct deposit of payroll checks
- Competitive wage structure
Any person interested in applying for employment with the City of Winchester must complete an Application for Employment. Applications are available at the Human Resource Office, City Hall, 32 Wall Street, Winchester, KY 40391 or may be downloaded when a position is open.
View our current openings. For additional information, please contact Tammy Shelton, HR/Risk Manager.
Tammy is responsible for the application of Personnel Policies & Procedures for all city employees as well as recruitment, retention, promotion and employee benefits
The City of Winchester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.