Comprised of responders from Bourbon, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Garrard, Harrison, Jessamine, Madison, Nicholas, Powell, and Woodford counties.
The Bluegrass Emergency Response TEam (BERT) has positioned its various resources across the region. Host counties are responsible for maintaining the operational readiness of the team’s equipment.
- Hazardous Materials – Clark County (Winchester), Woodford County (Versailles)
- Mass Casualty – Fayette County (Lexington)
- Radiation Response – Fayette County (Lexington)
- Rescue Operations – Jessamine County (Nicholasville)
- Storm Response – Garrard County (Lancaster), Madison County (Richmond), Nicholas County (Carlisle)
For more information, see the BERT website.