Fire-Emergency Medical Services
Three Battalion Chiefs oversee the following:
- Extinguishment - Extinguish various types of fire ranging from rubbish, vegetation, vehicles, to various sizes of structures and enclosed buildings. Our coverage area is primarily within city limits; however, we do respond to various counties when called upon for mutual aid.
- Investigations - Investigate odors, smoke scares, overheated electric, gas/CO.
- Service Calls - Crews assist with smoke detector placement, water removal, damage assessments, uninjured fall victims and various other requests.
Emergency Medical Services
Responds to medical emergencies throughout Winchester and Clark County. Some may include, but are not limited to, general sickness, trauma, cardiac, respiratory. Battalion Chiefs manage resources while responders render the appropriate level of care, whether Basic or Advanced Life Support.
A wide variety of shoring, search and rescue, disentanglement and tasks requiring specialized skills are performed by WFD members who hold Rescue Technician certifications.
- Building Collapse
- Vehicle Extrication
- Rope Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue
- Ice Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Man vs. Machine Rescue
- BSAR Wide Area Search
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Engine Company responds to fires, medical assist, or acts as a support unit for other companies.
- Rescue Company responds to fires, special operations and technical calls, motor vehicle accidents, medical assist and is a support unit for other companies.
- Truck Company responds to fires, specializing in search and rescue, roof ventilation and calls at heights. Responds as a support unit to all companies as needed.
- Emergency Care Unit responds to medical emergency calls and is a support unit to all fire apparatus.
- Battalion Commander is the incident commander on all large-scale emergencies. Manages all shift personnel, resources, and shift training.